Sand Filter also consist of a vertical or horizontal pressure
vessel with a set of frontal pipe work and valves, media
consist of different sizes and grade mixed and supported
by layers of pebbles and gravels, a top distributor to distribute
the incoming water uniformly throughout the cross section
of the filter, and an under drain system to collect filtered
This filter performs at a substantially higher specific
flow rate than conventional filters. The basic difference
between Pressure Sand Filter (PSF) and Multigrade Sand Filter
(MGF) are media used in vessel and velocity variation.
Advantages and Features
1. Efficient Turbidity and TSS Removal
2. Filter up to 20 – 30 Microns
3. FRP, CS, MSEP, SS Vessel available
4. ASME Pressure Vessel is also available
5. Two, Three and Multi layer filters
6. Low Pressure drop across the vessel
7. Air scouring available for high flow pressure
8. Manual, Semi Automatic and Automatic features
9. Long filter cycles between backwashing
with minimum loss of pressure.
10. Pneumatic and electrical operating automatic valves
11. Two elliptical manholes
13. Automatic control and electrical cabinet.